Pages

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

25 May 2011

The Return of the Mullet?

PLEASE say no.


I'm noticing a trend among hot young mid-20 to 30something men... business in the front and a VERY small party in the back.  


I was just getting around to watching the first episode of a show I hadn't seen before called 'Happy Endings' and the "hot, sensitive guy" character is DEFinitely sporting an infant mullet.  (That would be a brand new mullet, one that is fresh and new and still slightly unformed.)  A mullet zygote is forming on the gay guy character (nothing irritates me more than a straight guy portraying a gay guy.  Nothing) and the only character seemingly escaping this is the bald black guy character.  (Stereo-typing a Hollywood group dynamic much?)  


(I wasn't super impressed with the show, in case you were wondering.  Seriously, are there no original plot ideas left in Hollywood?)


(This show also features a hot blond, a hot brunette, and a hot Marian the Librarian library type.  Need I say more?)  


Anyhoo, while the mullet has died a relatively slow death (especially in parts south and most Walmarts) it needed to go.  Put it out of it's misery and drag it out only for NASCAR events, am I right?  (The "Git R Done" hat needs to go, too, FYI.)  I'm pretty sure we all breathed a sigh of relief when David Beckham cut off his thankfully short-lived mullet-hawk a couple of years ago.  (I know I did.)  


While the mullet still makes appearances when it's least expected (and usually when I don't have my camera... kind of like Bigfoot) for the most part it is never considered a fashion statement.  


So why... WHY,  I ask you... is Hollywood dragging it out of the early 90s and trying to bring it back?? 


Leave it in the attic with acid wash jeans and men's belly shirts, please.  


(Also, if you're going to bring back a look, could it be the chubby females of the Rubens era?  Please thank you.)  

1 comment:

  1. I really like the show. Damon Wayans Jr. is just following dad's lead on the bald thing. I'm betting he looks bad with hair. The mini-mullet isn't too bad, but he could use a cut.

    ReplyDelete

I'm a total comment whore... Leave me a message after the beep. *pause* *pause* *pause* BEEP!