Pages

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

22 July 2011

Childhood, Revisited

My mother had three standard responses to our most frequent childhood complaints:


1.  


Us:  "We're hungry!"


My mom:  "Eat an apple."


2.


Us:  "We're cold!"


My mom:  "Put on a sweater."


3.


Us:  "We're hot!"


My mom:  "Turn on a fan."






When (if) my mother ever chooses to leave this earthly plain (plane?  Hmmmm) this is what I am putting on her tombstone:


Dear Mom,


Turn on a fan.


Love,


Danielle




(I don't know why that just popped into my head or why I think it's so damn funny... probably because it's a million degrees outside and I would maim, murder, and kill for a really huge energy sucking air conditioner right about now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a total comment whore... Leave me a message after the beep. *pause* *pause* *pause* BEEP!