Pages

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

30 May 2012

Passive Aggressive Facebooking: The Jesus Files

*Disclaimer:

This is proof that he helped me with this blog.



(In case you missed it, you can check out Part One here.)

(Also?  The subtitle of this post is "The One Where I Lose Half My Friends On Facebook And Am Disowned By My Family.")

Last night, my blog hits reached the magical number of 66,666.  


(When it read 66,665 I was merely the Neighbor Of The Beast.  Now I officially am partying with The Beast.)










One of these days I'll fill you all in on my plans to turn Hell into a martini bar when I get there, but right now, I'm focused on talking about Jesus and his tendency towards sanctimonious Facebook Status Updates.


Before I begin, let me just say that I have respect for all religions.  (Even the made-up ones where people paint a chair blue and worship it.  Whatever floats your boat, dude... it doesn't change MY life one bit.)  I'm a big-ass believer in the First Amendment (which I'm going to post here because I'm a smarty-pants and also because with all the hoopla surrounding Gay Marriage, I think some people, none of whom read my blog, I'm sure, but just in case they accidentally stumble upon it, may need a refresher course in American History):


The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is also the first section of the Bill of Rights. It is arguably the most important part of the U.S. Constitution, as it guarantees freedoms of religion, speech, writing and publishing, peaceful assembly, and the freedom to raise grievances with the Government. In addition, it requires that a wall of separation be maintained between church and state. It reads:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."



Translation:

Dear Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh,


You're wrong.


Love,


Dani


Okay, now back to Jesus and his Facebooking.

I was a little startled to discover that Jesus actually has the wherewithall to post Facebook status updates, what with the stigmata and everything.  (I imagine trying to work a keyboard with holes in your palms can't possibly be easy.  Not that Jesus is known for taking the easy way out, but still.  I dunno... maybe he has a secretary.)

You, too, can be a friend of Jesus!

(Um... you can also like MY damn Facebook page, too... I mean, I know I'm not Jesus but I have a real gift for turning plain soda into a rum and coke.  That counts, right? So LIKE me, dammit! LIKE ME!)

ANYWAY.

Lord, I keep getting so distracted.  Maybe it was the 14 cups of coffee I've had so far today?  Naaaah, couldn't be that.  I think it must be my adult onset ADD.

I have a whoooole lotta friends on my Facebook who feel obligated to post Motivational Quotes sharing how Jesus feels.




I have friends who write letters to God as their status updates (which makes sense, now that I know he has his own page), who post the daily God Wants You To Know quote of the day, who (for some reason I've yet to figure out) post randomly, "GOD IS GOOD!!  HALLELUJAH!"  (I'd actually be more inclined to NOT unfriend them if just once in a damn while they'd post, "GOD GOT DRUNK LAST NIGHT AND PASSED OUT IN MY YARD!  HALLELUJAH!!)

(*Sidebar:  I just found out, thanks to the squiggly red line that spell check feels obligated to use to remind me that I'm an illiterate dumbass, that I've been spelling "hallelujah" incorrectly for 49 years.  Well, fuck me hard.  I'm so embarrassed, thinking of all those times I spelled it wrong and no one bothered to let me know.  Assholes.  You know who you are.)

So I'm going to Translate For Jesus a few quotes and images people have recently posted on their walls (Translating For Jesus... I should start a business):






Translation:






For those opposing Gay Marriage:








Ever wonder who created Steve?





Actually, I called them.  They all agreed that he's a douche.

Translation for all of the above:


Even Jesus gets fed up and feels the need to use the Fword when people are just too stupid to get it any other way.  True story.  He told me.

AND for those who believe that re-defining the Bible is a sin punishable by Hellfire and Eternal Damnation:

(Jesus hand-picked these for me personally, just so you know... We had a good laugh together over them):


Praise Jesus and pass the Vodka...



Talk about dodging a bullet...




Come to think about it, they do talk about asses a LOT in the Bible.   I do believe Jesus's mother was riding one the day he was born.



Well, SNAP!








Yes!!!  Let's!!  


And finally, let us not forget the "Repost if you love Jesus" status updates.


Did you know that exactly 72% of all statistics are made up on the spot?



Dear God, Please show mercy on those who are even holier than Thou.  Love, Dani


Translation:





26 comments:

  1. Oh man. You are soooo going to hell. Better work on those martini recipes. Cuz this bitch LOVES a good martini, yo. I's a get thirsty down there with all that heat, ya know?

    I like the bible verse on that girl's back. I think that should be a new trend, in case the guido gets bored back there. Instead of a tramp stamp, they can call it a preach stamp.

    I hope all your FB friends read this! You were hoping for MORE likes, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, I could probably get the entire book of Revelations tattooed on my fat back.
      '
      I've been wanting another tat...

      sumpin to think about.

      Delete
  2. I think pimping out God on FB is wrong. If you don't re-post this well, I guess I'll just have to keep breathing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly, I'm picturing Jesus in a fur coat, purple cowboy hat, and hooker boots surrounded by His bitches.

      Delete
  3. My aunt is one of those people and she's constantly on an "Our God is an Awesome God" trip. Only she's not the one who bugs the every loving Jesus out of me (how do you think I became atheist?) It's her friends. They'll spawn a 60 comment thread where they try to one up each other with who knows their bible best before I come along and post Matthew 6:1 -

    "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

    Because every atheist should know how to thump a bible thumper with their own bible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know why I love you the most? Because I periodically post that exact same verse as my status update once in a while when the Bible Quoters start to piss me off.

      Truest muthafuckin' story EVER.

      Delete
  4. Can I get an AMEN?! :D Awesomest. blog. post. evah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I just got like a gazillion of your blog posts in my feed all at once, like you posted them 39 minutes ago? Blogger is almost as shitty as Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandi @ Atypically Relevant (http://www.atypicallyrelevant.com/)informed me that my blog was no longer showing up in her feed, then diagnosed ANDDDDD fixed the problem for me!!! Yay Mandi! Go show her some love!

      Delete
  6. I think the hidden message behind all the Jesus facebook posts is "Look at me, I'm better than you because I love Jesus and I'm clever enough to share it with all my virtual friends". Have I mentioned before that I love you and think you are fucking hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I feel obligated to point it out to them, because alas, I'm NOT as good as they are because the things I love are more along the lines of maple-bacon donuts, Good n Plentys, and Taco Bell.

      It's how I make myself feel better about being a heathen.

      <3

      Delete
  7. I like to put up the picture of Jesus's face with "Jesus is watching you masturbate" on my wall every Friday night. :o)

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I need to see that picture. I have a 15 year old nephew whom I'm sure would appreciate it.

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hhahahah i love all these pictures. And I concur. With everything. Thawt is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dahhhhling!! When I take over Hell, I'll make you the Mayor ;)

      Delete
  9. My mother-in-law posts the Jesus statuses all the time. And they are always ridiculously long. And in Spanish. So at least I don't have to actually read them? It drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG... I must see Jesus Status Updates in Spanish.

      Are there much tearing of garments and black velvet Jesus paintings involved?

      Priceless.

      (I'm part Spanish... I totally get it.)

      Delete
  10. It will be a sincere honor to meet you at the gates of hell! I love this post! I made my gay best friend read it. He's been having issues with a passive-agressive FB friend. She does EVERYTHING you just posted about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitch... give me her name. I'm in the mood to kick some passive aggressive ass.

      Oh, and totally PARTY IN HELL!! Drinks are on MEEEE!

      Delete
  11. The Gene Wilder pic made me snort coffee through my nose, thank you very much.

    You know, I don't understand the whole passive aggressive Jesus posting, "If you don't share this, then you must not love JC."

    Really? So you know my innermost thoughts? I thought only GOD knew that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - your new header pic is fabulous!

      Delete
    2. Right? It's like, "If you don't share this status, a child who doesn't exist is going to die of a horrible disease because each time you share it, Bill Gates/Facebook/Verizon/ATT is going to donate 1 cent towards their medical bills."

      I'm such a horrible person... because not once have I ever been stupid enough to fall for that shit. Morons. I think that'll be my next Passive Agressive Facebooking series. I only lost like 10 friends with the Jesus Files... I need to up my game.

      And thank you :) I felt all ghetto and shit so I thought I'd give myself a little photo shoot.

      xo

      Delete
  12. I get SO tired of reading all that stuff. Especially the "Repost" ones. Like you're automatically a lesser person if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my biggest pet peeves is the "re-post if you ...." or "You're ashamed of Jesus if you don't...."

    Love the last pic with the "manipulative" quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I put in a request for a smores flavored martini?

    ReplyDelete

I'm a total comment whore... Leave me a message after the beep. *pause* *pause* *pause* BEEP!