Pages

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

13 December 2011

A Brief Interlude with Captain Asperger

Every once in a while, Dan will say, quietly and almost to himself, "Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah rah."

It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, we always have the same conversation afterward:

Me:  "Why did you say Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah rah"?

Dan:  "Oh... did I say it out loud?"

Every.  Time.

That's usually as far as the conversation goes because he looks confused and I look confused and that's when I leave the room.  

(Trust me.... it's better that way.)

Saturday he was lying in bed, looking at something online, and whispered quietly, "Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah rah."

Me:  "What?"

Dan:  "Huh?"

Me:  "What did you just say?"

Dan:  "I didn't say anything."

Me:  "Yes you did.  You said Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah rah."

Dan:

Me:

Dan:  "I did?"

Me:  "Yes."

Dan:

Me:

Dan:  "Did I say it outloud?"

Me:  "Seriously?"

Dan:  "I don't know... it just pops into my head."

Me:  "Why?"

Dan:  *seriously looking perplexed*  "Why?  Doesn't it ever pop into YOUR head?"

Me:

Dan:

Me:  "No."

Dan:  "Oh."

*long awkward silence, on my part anyway*


Getting nowhere, I was forced to Google.


And this is what I found:







And now I know what is going on in Dan's head.  


Let us review, shall we?


In MY head:






I know you don't know where the food is, darling... let me take care of everything so that you don't die of starvation.  Go watch football and take a nap.


Don't worry, dear.... I'll make all the gifts for everyone in your huge extended family on a budget of $30.... You go watch football and take a nap.  



Of COURSE I can get everything done in a week!  Now, YOU go relax... you have a busy day ahead of watching football and napping.  


Of course you'll live forever, darling... go watch football and take a nap.





GOD, I'm fat.  




Wait... what???




Of course I don't expect you to lift a finger or pick up after yourself... go watch football and take a nap!


Is it 5 o'clock anywhere?  Anywhere?



Does Ben Roesthlisberger make my ass look big?





Seriously.... there's some heavy shit happening in my head.


Meanwhile, in Dan's brain:





Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah rah!




Somehow, it all makes sense to me now.


Tra la laaaa....





5 comments:

  1. Golden.

    But the best part?

    "Why? Doesn't it ever pop into YOUR head?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed! Oops, sorry, um, ah, ... was I s'pposed to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that is SUPER random. I wonder what other cartoons he has going through his head..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am shocked....Dan is not a normal man......In a normal man's head Bugs Bunny would have been naked and Elmer Fudd would be an equally naked girl bunny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I told you lately how super jealous I am of your ultra glamorous life? No? Well, then. Rock on, ma sister..

    And no . . . your ass makes your ass look big darlin.

    ReplyDelete

I'm a total comment whore... Leave me a message after the beep. *pause* *pause* *pause* BEEP!