Pages

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

Because sometimes a status update just isn't enough.

29 April 2011

You can take the girl out of California...

But really, you probably shouldn't.  Have you noticed that there are certain states that elicit an almost fanatical sense of pride in the natives?  Like Texas, for instance?  And weirdly enough, Alabama?  (I'm almost positive Alabama didn't have state pride until Lynard Skynard wrote their theme song... because really, why would they?) 
Well, California is also one of those states.  You just don't hear much about it because we don't feel the need to discuss it.  We just assume everyone knows it because they wish they were from California, too. 
Or maybe it's just me...? 
Either way, if you drag me across the counry and deposit me in rural upstate New York, odds are I'm not going to be happy.  (Except when I see the Amish.  That never gets old.  Love them!!)
Most of the people I've met here in "the Nawth Country" are.... ummmmmm... hmmm.  Not stylish, you might say.  And yes, shallow things like that bug me.  How hard is it to keep up with hair trends, for God's sake?  Just because you rocked your mullet and bimbo hair in high school doesn't mean it's still appropriate 30 years later. 
(I don't know why that's a big deal to me, it just is.  Don't judge me.  That's MY job.)
My biggest issues with this area (other than the hair) is that there is no ocean, no mountains, and no redwoods.  Also?  It's not California.  So when people ask me what I think of "the Nawth Country" I tell them. 
It's not making me popular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a total comment whore... Leave me a message after the beep. *pause* *pause* *pause* BEEP!